Tasty, Delicious, Healthy – makes 10-12 servings
- Cut fish fillets into 1 x 1 inch cubes and lightly coat with Badia Adobo seasoning (no msg). Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes while preparing the remainder of the recipe.
- In a 1-gallon cooking pot, add the olive oil and sauté the onions and sweet pepper, adding the salt, chili powder, pepper and oregano. Stir gently until soft. Aroma is so sweet!
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans and tomato paste, stir occasionally until simmering,
- Add the cubed fish, reheat to simmering (about 10-15 minutes), remove from heat.
- Serve with crackers, hard rolls or rye bread and butter, add a pinch or two of shredded cheddar cheese. Delicious.
- Easy to make, low-fat, tasty and healthy. Enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe is a good one that you can pre-prep for a camping trip. Make the chili portion without the fish ahead of time and chill the night before leaving. Place in a 1-gallon storage container and store in your cooler while travelling. Wait until your family catches some fish the next day, clean, rinse, dice and add the Adobo coating. Heat up the pre-made chili, add the freshly caught fish, cook for an additional 15 minutes. Done, delicious!