With so many folks changing to a more healthy diet, many to a gluten-free diet due to Lyme disease, Celiac disease or for other health concerns, we have this delicious spaghetti recipe in our house at least once every week or two. The Barilla Spaghetti Noodle (pasta) is made with corn and rice, contains no GMO ingredients and is certified Gluten Free. As the noodles are the base for this recipe, the great taste and texture of this brand is excellent for all of your favorite pasta dishes, especially when you combine it with the tasty venison burger. The bread you see is gluten-free baker’s bread that is available at a local health bakery near Orchard Park, New York.
The list of ingredients shown here is to feed four adults and four kids at our dinner table.
- To a large 1-gallon pot, bring 6-7 cups of water to a boil, add 1 Tbs Olive Oil, the Barilla spaghetti noodles and bring back to a slow boil for about 8-9 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
- While the noodles are simmering, in a large frying pan, add Olive Oil, Minced Garlic, Sweet White Onion, Red and Green Peppers and the Venison Burger. Cook about 4-5 minutes to brown the meat.
- Drain the noodles and return the noodles to the large pot. Add the cooked venison burger mix to the large pot.
- Add the Spaghetti Sauce and gluten-free Mushroom Soup to the large pot and gently stir. Turn the stove burner to simmer level. Add salt and pepper to your preference, Chile powder and hot sauce, as desired. Let simmer for about 30 minutes. The flavor exchange and the mix of ingredients with noodles taste so good.
- We serve the spaghetti with portions of one or two of these at the same meal: broccoli, peas, green beans, asparagus, celery or a lettuce salad that includes cucumber and spinach.
- Simple, delicious, low-fat, gluten-free, healthy. Enjoy!