- Easy, Done, Delicious!
By Dan Stefanich
This is a no-brainer. Mix some of your favorite beer with dry Italian seasoning mix. Pour that into a crock pot with your venison. Slow cook until you can shred the meat, throw in a handful of pepperoncini’s, cook a little longer then serve on a bun with some Pepperjack. Done. Delicious.
This is a perfect recipe for big buck loins or the hams/butt roasts of younger deer.
- 3-4 venison chunks
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 packet of dry Italian seasoning mix
- 1 onion
- 4 pepperoncini
- Cut venison into large chunks and place in crockpot
- Mix beer and seasoning, then pour over venison
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 5-6 hours
- Shred the meat, Add 5 or 6 pepperoncini’s and stir
- Cook another hour or two, then serve on rolls with shredded Pepperjack or Mozzarella cheese
- For even more recipes and outdoor cooking details, see: http://www.danstefoutdoors.com/italian-venison-with-lakemaid-beer/.