By Fern Fisher
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat, add onions, green pepper, add pinch salt, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook until onions turn translucent and meat is brown (about 7-9 minutes). Occasionally stir with wooden spoon.
- Add cooked mix to crock pot, add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and remaining ingredients, stir to mix.
- Cover and cook for about 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Serve with crackers or bread and butter, add a pinch or two of shredded cheddar cheese. Delicious.
- Flavor and taste is even better if this is made a day or two ahead of when needed.