- Heavier, Smaller, More Dense Jigs offer Increased Sensitivity and are Environmentally Safe
By Dan Stefanich
The secret to catching fish through the ice is out and being embraced by open water anglers. For many years, Clam Pro Tackle has been helping ice anglers achieve success from enjoying the benefits of tungsten jigs in a vertical presentation. With CPT365, Clam Tackle innovators are giving all open water anglers a new deadly weapon for their arsenal – the Drop Tg (tungsten jig).
The evolution of Clam Pro Tackle continues in the form of the Drop Tg. This industry-first multi-species jig brings the many advantages of tungsten to open water anglers. Bass, walleye, pike and panfish anglers that use vertical tactics will quickly see its benefits.
Heavier and More Dense:
- Drop Tg is heavier than lead for the same size.
- Smaller profile but heavier offers better jig control and sensitivity.
- Punches faster through weeds and cover
- Plummets fast to deep water schools of fish
- 30% smaller in size than the same weight lead jig, offering a smaller profile for pressured or finicky fish
- 1.7x heavier density than lead- Denser tungsten shows up better on graphs and sonar
Vertical Position Retention
In deep water and current, Drop Tg jigs keeps line vertical to help keep contact with the bottom and detect more bites. The heavier Drop Tg also keeps curls and kinks out of the line for better bite detection, hook sets and increased hook-up ratios.
Lead absorbs impact. The harder Tungsten does not, instead transferring the energy of impact with a rock, sand, mud, wood structure, log or a bite on through to the line and ultimately to the angler. The result is more “feel” of your jig as you work it through cover, thus improving the bait presentation, felt bites and a higher hookup rate.
Makes More Noise
Lead absorbs sound. Harder tungsten makes more noise to attract fish when coming in contact with rocks, boulders and other structure. Similar to crayfish crawling on rocks or schooling minnow noise.
Tungsten is less resistant in the water, which is more efficient. Increased sensitivity is the primary benefit.
As a non-toxic hard metal, the Drop Tg is an environmentally safe jig. Being great stewards of the outdoors is critical, and many states have already banned use of lead jigs. Some say “lead is dead”, and it is certainly losing traction with conservation-minded anglers. As an eco-friendly jig, The Drop Tg is the new alternative to lead.
Cleaner Water and Pressured Fish
All of the lakes, rivers and waterways across the United States are getting cleaner by increased water conservation efforts as well as the spreading of invasive species like zebra mussels and rusty crayfish that clean the water. The smaller Drop Tg’s are more compact in size and are perfect for finesse jigging tactics in clean water. Works with pressured fish and helps during cold fronts.
Drop Tg Tungsten Jig:
- Made with environmentally safe 99.7% Pure Tungsten.
- Mustad Ultra Point, 2x Strong 90 degree Long Shank hook
- Same weight as lead but with a smaller profile and higher sensitivity
- Welded keeper securely holds soft plastics and live bait
- Available in 1/16 oz., 1/8 oz., 3/16 oz., ¼, and 3/8 oz. sizes
“Anglers used to have find fish by time-consuming casting, drifting or trolling tactics. Now with more advanced electronics, they can ‘hunt’ and find the fish first, THEN fish for them,” explains John Crane, Clam Pro Tackle Developer. “Tournaments are being won by an angler that finds that one giant fish, groups of fish or baitfish, then vertically targets them. This ‘Vertical Drop System’ or VDS, is a new and evolving tactic — see ‘em, drop to ‘em, and catch ‘em, and Clam Pro Tackle is providing the tool to help it take off. Feel what you’ve been missing with the Drop Tg.”
For more information, visit http://clamprotackle.com/ or contact Dan Stefanich at firstname.lastname@example.org