A tasty deer camp “Cup of Energy.” Recipe by “Kitchen Kate.”
Makes 8 Servings, what you’ll need:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 box (12 oz) rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- One 12-ounce coffee mug for each serving
- Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground venison,
- 1 TBS garlic
- 1 TBS oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Let’s Get Cooking!
Step One – Prepare and Cook the Meatballs:
- Add all meatball ingredients (in order) to a mixing bowl and mix
- Shape into evenly-sized balls
- Place in the frying pan with 2 TBS olive oil to brown over medium heat until all sides are lightly brown and oil is relatively absorbed.
- Add ½ cup water or organic chicken or vegetable broth
- Bring to boil, turn to simmer, cover, 20 minutes.
Step Two – Bake Noodles/Cheese:
- Pre-cook your noodles, as per box instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Add a few drops of olive oil to the bottom of each coffee cup
- Place ¼ cup mozzarella on the bottom of each 12-ounce oven-safe coffee mug
- Cover the cheese with 1-2 heaping TBS of marinara sauce, then add an inch or two of rigatoni noodles.
- Add a 1-2 heaping TBS of marinara sauce to cover noodles
- Add 1 or 2 meatballs.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Add a small sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Add a small sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
- Bake the mugs at 375 degrees for 20 minutes (The cheese top should be melted).
Step Three – Eat from mug OR invert onto a plate and add another meatball or two.