- First, rinse off the meat, then cut your venison back-strap or venison sirloin into cubes of about 1” x 1” size. Cut-off any excess fat, as venison fat tastes bitter and tart.
- Add some chicken to the mix too – if you like, cutting to the same size, and then toss into a sealed plastic bag, pour in enough liquid Bragg’s Organic Dressing and Marinade to coat the venison and chicken pieces in the bag when you shake them up. Let them stand in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours to absorb the healthy goodness that this product delivers.
- In the meantime, take a few minutes to slice-up one each of a young green squash (zucchini), yellow squash, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, mushrooms and onion Can you tell I like peppers?!
- After the marinade soak time, place one piece each of the venison, chicken, fresh peppers and squash pieces to a wooden skewer, as shown in the picture above, and prepare for the grill.
- Coat the grill with a light coating of non-stick olive oil.
- Pre-heat grill to 350 degrees (or pretty hot if you don’t have one of those cover gages) and place the loaded skewers on the grill for about 20-25 minutes, turning them at least 3-4 times during that period. The key with outdoor grilling is to allow the chicken to reach 165-170 degrees – not too much higher, so it is cooked, but remains juicy.
- Remove from the grill, sample to measure cooking completeness to your desired level. Check with a thermometer to insure chicken has reached 165-170 degrees.
- Serve with other dinner meal standard foods. We like cottage cheese or brown rice, fresh vegetable (broccoli, green beans, corn, peas, etc.), any other favorite toppings you may like, such as hot sauce. Add a sprig of fresh parsley or two for even more color. The hot apple pie and ice cream topping is another recipe! My family loves this dinner platter.
- Easy, low-fat, healthy! Enjoy.
Bragg’s Organic Marinade Information: The Bragg’s Ginger & Sesame Dressing and Marinade is based on the delicious flavor of their famous Bragg Liquid Aminos. Ginger and Sesame seeds are blended into the smooth, zesty dressing, then combined with Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bragg Liquid Aminos, organic honey, organic lemon juice, organic garlic, organic ginger, organic sesame seeds, and natural xanthan gum. Besides bringing salads to life, it can be used to spice up Chinese stir-fry, chicken, or grilled vegetables. This sweet and tangy taste brings you another dressing with the best of the Bragg tradition of eating and living. GLUTEN FREE • NON-GMO